PTRC Staff & Mentors
Meet The Board Of Directors
We’re pleased to present the 2022-2023 Board of Directors. The majority of our Board members are parents of individuals, ages birth-26, with a disability. Many current and previous members have been recipients of Parent Mentoring Services.
- Bev McCarty– Executive Director of Family Resource Center for Disabilities and Special Needs
- Jared Seay – Chairperson – Executive Member. Jared is a research librarian at the College of Charleston.
- Michael Drohan – Vice Chairperson – Executive Member. Michael brings to the FRC professional expertise in the area of federal and foundation grant projects.
- Ben Rogers – Secretary – Executive Member. Ben is in Information Technology with the Medical University of South Carolina.
- Jennifer Sowers – Treasurer – Executive Member. Jennifer was previously the special education coordinator for the Berkeley County School District. She is currently a special education teacher in Charleston County.
- Theresa Prioleau – Theresa is the founder/CEO of CHECK (Communities Helping to Encourage Change in Kids), a nonprofit organization that serves Cross and the neighboring rural communities.
- Ken Boggs – Ken is a member of the Hanahan, SC city council. He is one of the founding members of the FRC and has returned to board services after a twelve-year absence.
- Shanta Barron-Millan – Shanta is a new board member who resides on one of Charleston County’s barrier islands (Edisto Island). She is a social worker for the Department of Veteran’s Affairs.
- Carlos Lavin, Ph.D. – Carlos, an Associate Professor of Special Education at the College of Charleston, was born in Mexico City and moved to the US to complete his advanced degrees. His experience includes being a teacher’s aide in a special education classroom. Carlos and his family are new to the Charleston area.
- Robert Neuner – Principal, Windsor Hill Elementary School, Dorchester District 2